Translate

To Eureka

Friday I headed up to Eureka which is about a 2 1/2 hour trip depending on weather and road conditions. Once I was out of the Anchorage area the weather turned for the better and I made pretty good time.

I was to meet someone there and I got there at least 2 hours early. I did a little sightseeing and then waited at the Eureka Lodge. Bad Whiskey here is used for grooming the snowmachine trails.

If you have problems with your mail person not leaving your mail because your mailbox is blocked by a spider web or something piddly, show them this.

The temperature was around -7°f and a little hazy. It started snowing about when it was time to leave.
I got more photographs that I'll put up later.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

robin andrea said…
Beautiful shots. I like that last one. For some reason it reminds me of a snowy desert.
Meggie said…
Nice shots, Dave! I won't complain anymore about the snow. At least our temps aren't in the minus range. It's all a matter of perspective.....