Translate

Put it in the mail please!


 Anyone that follows me on Twitter or friends me on Facebook, know that I have issues about getting my packages delivered to my house, especially during the Christmas Holiday season. What it comes down to is that UPS & FedEx can't find my house. I could understand if I was in the middle of nowhere Alaska, but I'm almost in downtown Anchorage.
I know almost everyone relies on GPS now. Well, it don't work everywhere. If you try to put my address into a GPS or even Google, you won't find my house. Actually, Google will send you to the house behind mine. It's famous because a serial killer lived there at one time.
They have even delivered my packages 10 blocks away. On a good note, the people who have got my packages by mistake have called me and even delivered them to me on occasion. Last year, FedEx delivered to the wrong address 10 blocks away and I called FedEx asking where my package was. They admitted the mistake and sent a driver for it. They called just before 5PM saying they didn't have anyone available to bring it to me until the next day. I went there and picked it up. I don't think that lady likes me after my visit.
USPS can find my house though. Even when I wish they wouldn't. My dog Macy even gets excited when the regular mailman comes around.
Living in Alaska, shipping charges can add up on some orders. When an online merchant offers free shipping, you usually can't pick who delivers. If I know its coming by UPS or FedEx, I have it sent to my sons house. His wife works at home and they can find their place. If I know it's coming USPS, I know I'll get it.
 
Put it in the mail please!
 
(Photos taken off of  Google)
 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes to USPS! I just wish our mailbox wasn't full of useless ads everyday. I still like the mail for letters and cards, when the virtual stuff just won't do.