Translate

Macy and I discover mushrooms on our morning walk


Macy and I take two long walks a day. One in the morning and one before bedtime. Lately we've been getting a lot of rain, which means mushrooms. Though I don't know one from another, they are beautiful in their own way. Macy tolerates my trips into nerdism.

Out of tree stumps and out of the ground.

Their cups reversed and

some really shiny.

I was getting many a strange looks from people walking by, as I took these photos.

But I'm use to that.

The above I did id as Fly Agaric / Amanita Moscaria. Vey common around my neighborhood.

Some of them reminded me of my breakfast this morning in a way.


Mushrooms of the National Forest in Alaska is an excellent brochure helping to identify mushrooms. Obviously they aren't limited to the National Forest. The University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF, published the Alaska Mushroom Guide to Harvesting Morels , if your interested. There's also the Alaska Mushroom Slideshow on You Tube. The music is a little creepy, but he covers a lot of fungi.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fantastic mushroom finds you have there. Great variety. That amanita is beautiful. Don't eat it!