Translate

Visiting the Anchorage Memorial Cemetery

Anchorage Memorial Park was established in by Woodrow Wilson in 1915 and is now listed on National Registered Historic Places. It's nine acres in downtown Anchorage with some of Alaska's prominent citizens buried there.

Yesterday I visited because we were having lots of hoar frost and I had visited before for the same reason. I had suggested it to a friend who is getting into photography and she loved it. It's a very beautiful park and with the hoar frost it is even more beautiful. The temperature was around +9° and we had a gray sky because they were predicting snow, so I figured it was time to visit.
 There are public and private tracks from religious to veterans.
 The hoar frost clinging to the willow trees and everything else, help with a blanket of quietness. Even though we are downtown, you can hardly see the buildings surrounding it or hear any traffic.
It was very peacefully quiet. There was only one other visitor at that time. I kept my distance to not disturb his visit. 
  Generally I wouldn't photograph headstones, but with the frost clinging to them you can't see anyone's names
 This Russian Orthodox cross really shows off the frost.
This tree had to been recently visited by Bohemian Waxwings. The love the berries but don't pick up after themselves when they are done.
To see more of my visit, click here.

Comments

Diane said…
Love the main pic on your blog. Just beautiful
Emily Shorette said…
If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from serious e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

To comment:

thoreaugreen@gmail.com

Emily
Anonymous said…
The snow makes it all so pretty.

Lisa @ Life Thru the Lens (www.lisakernr-slp.com)
Nice winter shots. - Margy
Lady Fi said…
Lovely shots of the icy trees!