Translate

Back at the Beagle Ranch

I guess I can't say that I haven't had time to post anything. It looks like I'm going to have more than enough time now. I turned in my two week notice at Men's Wearhouse (MW) on 3/13/2020. On 3/16/2020 they announced that they were closing all of their stores down because of the covid-19 and was continuing to pay employees during that time. That was pretty cool. I was going to use that time to get caught up on things around the house, the Beagle Ranch. I had taken another job at a company we'll leave unnamed. I was to start there on 4/1/2020. They had ordered up my company vehicle, laptop and cell phone. 
On 3/25/2020 I was on a Zoom call with a few hundred other MW employee's. MW had decided to keep all their stores closed for the month of April and place all employee's on furlough starting 3/29/2020. What that means is everyone was available to come back to work when they reopened the stores but weren't being paid in the mean time. It did make them eligible for unemployment. 

That same afternoon I got a phone call from the supposed new employer. My hire had been put on hold. They just laid off 30 people.
I'm still thankful. My health is good and so is my families. All of the pups are doing well and I even added a new one. Snoopy is a 17 month old beagle. He is a service dog failure. His mom had to rehome him because he was a big distraction to the new golden retriever puppy in training to be a service dog. His mom is heart broken, but she knows he's in good hands and definitely welcome at the Beagle Ranch. He's been well received by his new family and is making himself at home.
We found a new to us pancake mix and we fell in love. Alaska Flour Company makes a pancake mix that the pups and I think is awesome. I've had family and friends order it and they like it also. We even had some sent to us by a good friend.
Ghost, the snowy owl, is going to have the easiest summer ever. All of his presentations have been canceled. Tourism is a big deal in Alaska in case you didn't know. As of now, all cruise ships have canceled. If they haven't, I'm sure they won't be welcomed in Alaska's ports at this time. Princess has been a big supporter of Bird TLC for over 10 years. I haven't heard anything yet, but I suspect they won't open any of their lodges this summer. Ghost got in a bunch of presentations before this all got bad. It's good that I stocked up on snowy owl food early.
Ghost had his biannual exam a couple weeks ago. He had a irregular reading of his blood sample. He got retested twice and Dr Karen thinks he's just fine. He's 15 this year. Ghost was knocked out for his exam and Dr Karen is holding him before he wakes up.
So far, my house is the cleanest it's ever been. I've been sorting through stuff I no longer need or use. Inside projects are getting started. It's still winter here so outside projects are on hold.
I hope everyone is doing well and this hunkered down isn't driving you crazy. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dave, just yesterday I checked your blog to see if there were any new posts here. I was wondering how you were doing and hoping all was well. So, it's a true delight to see this post and read about all the stuff going on. Lovely to see your new pup and that Ghost is doing well. Yay!! Take care there, stay safe, healthy, and at home. Yes!
Dave Dorsey said…
Always brightens my day when I hear from you Robin.

Dave
Veronica Lee said…
Your pup and Ghost are adorable! Love the photos.

Looking forward to future visits to your blog.

Stay safe!
Sorry about the new job! Hopefully things come back together soon. LOVE the new Beagle - so adorable!!
Dave Dorsey said…
Veronica - Thanks and thanks for visiting.

Alycia - Thanks! Keep up the awesome photography.
betty-NZ said…
I enjoyed your photos a lot! Hopefully, the world will be back to some semblance of normal soon :)

Your link is a great addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up!
NCSue said…
That owl is gorgeous. What a stunner!
Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/03/from-archives.html. I hope this finds you healthy!
Dave Dorsey said…
NCSue - Ghost is very handsome. He's been a joy to work with.

RobertN - Thank you and thanks for visiting.