Translate

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

                                               
We're going to talk mostly about the better. The worse has been talked to death and it'll be talked by others more tomorrow. I haven't posted in over 5 months, but I told a friend in New Zealand I'd get at it. So here we go.
                                                 
If you follow me on social media, you might figure out that I like animals. Particularly owls and beagles. I know, what a combo. But it's true. Almost every post I put on social media is about one or the other.
Ghost the Snowy Owl, has been with me for almost 15 years. He's an education ambassador for Bird TLC. We do education programs around Alaska. This year we've had to do them via Zoom. It's not as fun as in person, but it's better than not at all. Owls are cool and snowy owls are the coolest.
Macy was my first. She’s queen of the house. She’s not aggressive in any way unless it’s a squirrel or someone walking past the house. She only barks or arrooo’s. She does suffer from seizures and is on medication to control them.
Winston has only been here about 3 months. I think he’s comfortable here. He digs to escape, so we added a wireless fence within the fenced area. So far so good.
Lucy has been here about 8 months. She was diagnosed with bladder cancer right after arrival and is presently having chemotherapy, which (keep your paws crossed) is working in her favor. She's doing well and her quality of life is good. I've had lots of financial support from Family, friends and people on social media.
Cooper has been here the 2nd longest. He’s 12 years young but is starting to have old dog issues. He’s a sweetie and has the softest coat. He’s in charge of security.

Charlie has only been with us about a month and has adapted well. He loves the large yard and his freedom around the ranch. He does love food and I have to watch him around the others dishes.
Snoopy (on the ottoman) is a visitor, but all the others live here. They have full run of the house and yard 24/7/365. They get to use the doggie door any time of day or night. It's been a blessing for when I work or leave for a long time during the day or night.
Lucy steals my chair often.
I feed all the pups blueberry pancakes every Sunday. People ask me why. I tell them because
          the pups don't know how. They also like the blueberries as treats.
I love when the grandkids come to visit with their pup Harlow.
The Beagle Ranch at Christmas.

More on the rest of the pups to come.

I don't like the new Blogger updates. It's not as user friendly as the old Blogger. I'll be changing blog host after the first of the year. I'll have a link to here so the old stories can be read if you like. I've been on Blogger for 13 years, so it took a bit to make this decision.


Comments

Anonymous said…
It is so good to see a post here and see you with your beautiful furry companions and your feathered friend. You do have a wonderful doggie and owl family. Glad all is well there. I'm looking forward to more posts. Yes, please put a link to the new blog when you have it up and running. Take care there, Dave.
Amy said…
People like me enjoy seeing your updates with the dogs. If they were here they would be SO spoilt. Happy New year for 2021.
Dave Dorsey said…
Robin - Happy New Year!

Amy - Happy New Year! I hope you don't mind, but I linked your photography blog on my sidebar.

Dave