As of January 1st of this year, I have been retired from the US Air Force for 26 years.
On June 18, 1974 I swore this oath;
“I, David Lloyd Dorsey, Do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
I also memorized this creed while I was in basic training;
I am an American Airman. I am a Warrior. I have answered my Nation’s call. I am an American Airman. My mission is to Fly, Fight, and Win. I am faithful to a Proud Heritage, A Tradition of Honor, And a Legacy of Valor. I am an American Airman. Guardian of Freedom and Justice, My Nation’s Sword and Shield, Its Sentry and Avenger. I defend my Country with my Life. I am an American Airman. Wingman, Leader, Warrior. I will never leave an Airman behind, I will never falter, And I will not fail.
Little did we know that the events of January 6, 2021 would, could and did happen. An unstable sitting president of our homeland incited a riot. A riot that would permeate the heart of the very nation he swore to protect. A riot that the rioters murder one of the defenders of our nations capital. A riot that has a misguided veteran, who was supporting this president, who filled her head with lies, was shot and killed.
How do we set this all straight? My suggestions
- Trump should resign immediately! VP Pence would ride out the final days until Biden is sworn in.
- Trump should be arrested and federal charges of treason, murder and willfully inciting violence against the United States should be filled against him.
- Former Capital Police Chief Stephen Sund needs to be charged with dereliction of duty. The US Capital Police that were on duty were understaffed and unprepared for the upcoming riot. This resulted in the murder of an officer, Injuries to 50 other officers and the loss of the capital to terrorist.
- Senator Ted Cruz needs to resign.
- The US Marines should be tasked with the security of the Capital. The USCP would still have the Capital grounds and other buildings.
I have never talked so negative about a sitting president. I am extremely patriotic. I was a Trump supporter. I admit that my support was weakening after the election. It died on Wednesday. He must be made an example of and the world must be shown that no one person is stronger than democracy. No pardon!
I support all the military and first responders. The ones that make it so we sleep well at night. Those that give it all and those that gave it all.
If you are still a Trump supporter and want to unfriend me on social media, I understand. As a matter of fact, I support it.
God bless the USA! We shall overcome this and be strong and proud again.