Translate

More West Chester Lagoon

West Chester Lagoon has been getting some extra attention from me because Potter Marsh is under construction through July 27th. They're expanding the boardwalks and adding photography blinds and stuff. It's going to be awesome when it's done, but like a little kid I WANT IT DONE NOW. Any how, atta boys and girls to all of the organizations who have a hand in it.

West Chester Lagoon is very bizzy right now. The Red-necked Grebes were feeding big time and getting the Herring Gulls all wired up.


A funny story, people were talking to me along the lagoon asking what the grebe was and of course I rambled off that it's in its breeding plumage and its nest float and blah blah blah. I didn't know until I got home that I had missed the Northern Shovelers. I didn't notice them until I was uploading the pix's to my pc. DAH!

Going out of town and won't be back until Sunday. Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Comments

robin andrea said…
I've never seen a Northern Shoveler. A very beautiful bird. Great shot. Potter Marsh sounds like it's going to be grand when it's finished. What a cool thing.
Dave Dorsey said…
Robin - it is a cool place. I'm a little impatient about the construction, but it will be worth the wait.
Meggie said…
West Chester Lagoon sounds like it will be a wonderful place to spend some quiet photo time when it's all finished. Do I see a new critter on your blog sidebar? I don't think you introduced us to Ms. Belle
Dave Dorsey said…
Meggie - I can't wait until it's done for sure. Good eye Meggie. Read the next post.