Translate

Gunpowder Falls State Park, Maryland

I was competing against Mother Nature and fog. But I was determined to get some photography in. Gunpowder Falls State Park is one of the largest in the state. I went to the area called Jerusalem Mill Village, formerly a Quaker settlement operating a gristmill for about two centuries.
 Here's the fog coming off the river. I was kind of eerie.
 But the small village is set in a beautiful area.
 This building has been many things over its existence, but it's most remembered as a gun shop. Gun stocks were manufactured her for the Maryland Militia during the Revolutionary War. 
 This is the restored gristmill that is now the park headquarters and visitor center. It was originally built in 1772.
 A large blacksmith shop. There are demonstrations of all types all over the park on the weekends.
Finally the fog won. It was getting pretty heavy by the time I made it back to the car. I'll have to check it out again on another visit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It really looks like a very cool place to explore. I love the old buildings. I also like the look of the fog there!
Diane said…
Again, you never mentioned my pie?
Murthy K v v s said…
Great pics..thoughtful.
Anonymous said…
The restored gristmill is amazing. So very pretty. I'll have to add this park to my to do list... when we make it to the east coast. Lovely.

Lisa at Life Thru the Lens (www.lisakerner-slp.)
NCSue said…
Very cool barn - love it!
Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/01/shells-on-shells.html
carol l mckenna said…
Beautiful place and beautiful post and photos!

Wishing you a joyful week ~ ^_^
Jens Hamn said…
your blog is a journey and your photos are beautiful! It's pleasant .. Bye j.hamn