Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sawfest

I was in Soldotna Saturday for the Soldotna Progress Day's and it was a gorgeous day for it. They had Sawfest Chainsaw Carving Competition going on, but in between, the carvers were working on their projects.
 I wish I had this talent. These guys bring their work to life.
 That would look good in the woods in my backyard.
 Fish on!
 Look at the detail.
 A beautiful bench with eagles on both ends.
He was creating an archway for a wedding at the end of the month. His shop is not far from my home. I'll have to visit but maybe leave my wallet at home.

6 comments:

robin andrea said...

Great images of beautiful works of art. I would love to be able to create art like this.

Lea said...

Very interesting!

Mandy 'n' Justin said...

Wow! Amazing artwork! I can only imagine how much time and patience those pieces took… Thanks for sharing! :)

NC Sue said...

Wow - these are marvelous. What talent!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/07/bottoms-up.html

TheChieftess said...

It is an amazing talent to do these carvings!

hitaakademi said...

thanks for it. Cool! Koni
Penetrasyon Deneyi (CPT)