Translate

New Year, New Deal

So my blog posting and photography was in a funk, to quote a friend. Busy at the job that pays the bills, getting ready for Santa, dark and dingy weather and just having some down time, blogging and photography took the hit.

So I joined a group that does photography while walking or hiking to different places of our interest. I know, I was already doing that by myself. But with other people, new to me people, I could possible get a different perspective.
 So first hike was at the Eagle River Nature Center. The last time I was here was over a year ago when it was just Macy and I. We've got some snow in the past week and it looks like Alaska is supposed to this time of year.
 Because of the fresh snow and winter vegetation, a lot of the photos look black and white, but they aren't. Really, they aren't.
 There we several that were new to photography and really into trying to get the best angle, artistic photos, etc. It was pretty cool.
 We all had enough knowledge to help each other out, or get each other in trouble. No, it was a really enjoyable hike.
 It was a crisp cold also. I think it was about 3°. I was dressed prepared, but a few of the others learned a lesson on how to dress for cold weather hikes.
 I was surprised on how pretty the day was and the small amount of people we ran into. Eagle River Nature Center is a beautiful place. The ERNC crew takes good care of the place and people love to go there.
My favorite photo was after I left the group and headed home. I took a detour off the main road because I saw some ice fog. I didn't find what I expected, but when I was turning around to go home, this caught my eye. The bridge has some ice fog around it and the sun is full out on the mountains.

I look forward to meeting with this group again. Nice people, good conversation and fun photography. Good way to start the year.

To see more photos, click here!

Comments

Kim S. said…
Beautiful! Oo-ahed over that last image in particular. Kim in PA
Dave Dorsey said…
Thanks Kim. That was my favorite.