Translate

THE ONLY THING I HATE ABOUT DOGS IS SAYING GOODBYE


I write about my beagles and things that go on at the Beagle Ranch. I like my pups better than most people. They have free roam of 1 acre that's fenced in and can come and go in and out of the house via a doggie door whenever they want.

Aria came to me back in May when she had just turned 13. Her human Tom had passed away. Before he did he told his ex-wife about me. She asked me to take care of her and I couldn't say no and I am glad that I didn't.
Aria is a sweet little gal who can take care of herself. She has chased the other beagles when they went towards her food dish or treats. She handled herself well and was respected by the others.
She had no problem telling you when it was time to eat, the water bowl was empty or she thought she needed a treat. Of all the beagles, she's the most boisterous.
She kept her adopted brothers in line. But she teamed up with them to maintain security around the perimeter of the Beagle Ranch. 
She loved laying on the couch. Even though there's more beds around her for dogs than at any doggie hotel, the couch was preferred.

She followed me everywhere, bathroom, garage, yard, it didn't matter. She also loved car rides and visiting the girls at Polar Bear Espresso.
She was one of the queens of the house.
She loves her blueberry pancakes and she was always first in line to lick dishes.
 I had to take her to the vet today. If Aria doesn't eat, she's sick. New Years Eve she didn't finish eating and she hasn't eaten a meal since. I've tried wet food, peanut butter, cheese, ham, you name it. I put wet food in her mouth and she would take some but not much. She's been staying in bed except to go potty or get water.

She has a tumor in her belly and it's inoperative. It's large and  she doesn't have much time left. While she still has some quality of life left, she will stay at the Beagle Ranch and get lots of loving. She always has but she'll get extra now.

Tom, if you don't know how to make blueberry  pancakes you better practice. Aria will be looking for you and she's going to want some. And I know my friend you won't let her down.

My apologies if some of this runs on and spell check was not so good. The tears in my eyes are really at fault. Aria would be 14 in April.

Edited: Aria went over the Rainbow Bridge tonight about 7:30 AST.



Comments

Veronica Lee said…
So sorry for your loss. We can never keep our fur babies long enough.

RIP Aria.
likeschocolate said…
So sorry for your loss! It must hurt!
Dave Dorsey said…
Veronica & likeschocolate - Thank you!
My Dog and Me said…
I am so sorry for your loss. beautiful Aria run free and rest in peace sweet girl. You are loved.
Anonymous said…
I am late to this post, Dave. I am so sorry for your loss. Aria sounded like a lovely furry companion.
Mollie said…
What a beautiful life she had at the Beagle Ranch. So very kind of you to take her in when she needed a new home. I'm sorry she's left you, but as you said your friend better start firing up the grill for some fresh blueberry pancakes. Take good care. It's never easy to lose a family member. Rest in peace.
Unknown said…
How do you celebrate the life of your Beagles when they die?
We have a burial garden with names & dates on plaques in our yard, 3/5 were Beagles;
Buddy Buddha
Gabby Girl
Georgia Peach
and ShihTzu Ginger, King Charles Charlie
Many fond memories from the Seabright pack in Santa Cruz, California