Translate

Lucy

Lucy came to us via Fairbanks. When she arrived at VCA Far Country Animal Hospital she was in poor health. Her teeth were a mess. One was so infected it was bleeding and the inflammation was almost to her nasal cavity. She had a large non-cancerous mass on her right shoulder, a urinary tract infection (UTI) and anxiety issues. She was turned over to Alaska Cat and Dog Rescue who would make sure she got what she needed and search for an adopter. I found out about her before Alaska Cat and Dog even picked her up and made contact. I love beagles and senior beagles grab my heart.

Alaska Cat and Dog had her immediate medical issues taken care of. Her UTI was being treated by medication. I met Lucy and her foster on 4/10 and fell in love. She was obviously a good dog and just needed a good home and some good loving.

Her stitches were due to be removed so I set up and appointment with VCA Far Country where all my other beagles are seen. Blood and urine were tested and her UTI had not cleared up yet so she was continued on antibiotics. They recommended a ultrasound to make sure there were no other issues causing her UTI and constant urination. They found some concerning mass and took samples to send to the lab. The results weren't good. Carcinoma, bladder cancer. An appointment was made for the oncologist right away.

Yesterday was her appointment at Tier 1 Veterinary Medical Clinic in Wasilla and I was very nervous. She got to spend the day because of all the test they wanted to run. To make this post short, she has a mass on top of her bladder and part of the uritha. It is not operable. Her blood calcium level is very high. This needs to be corrected before it creates other medical issues. She had an infusion and was flushed with an IV. She no longer has a UTI, her kidneys are good and if the blood calcium level is lowered she's able to have follow on treatment. Without the treatment, her life expectancy is 6 months or less.

Lucy has had a rough past life and deserves a comfortable, safe and as healthy as possible remainder. My goal is to make this happen to the best of my ability. She is very sweet and offers her opinion frequently. She is a good addition to the Beagle Ranch.

I've set up a GoFundMe page to help raise money for her treatment. Your donation will be used for just that. If you can't donate, please keep her in your prayers. Thank you!

Also, you can donate vis PayPal at https://paypal.me/BeagleRanch907?locale.x=en_US



Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope things go well for Lucy. She's so lucky to have found her way into your home and heart. I would be happy to contribute some $ for her vet bill. Would you be okay with emailing me your actual address so I can put a check in the mail to you? Please let me know: robin.andrea13 at gmail.com
Thank you!
Dave Dorsey said…
Robin & Roger - You guys are the best!
Amy said…
oh poor baby, so good you took her in. btw thanks for your comment at my blog