Translate

SATURDAY MORNING

I love mornings in Alaska. I love mornings at my place. The weekend mornings are especially sweet. It's so quiet. All of the pups are still sleeping or starting to stir. The neighborhood is still asleep. The quiet is only interrupted by the brewing coffee and Ghost hooting for a girl friend who's not showing up.
 I like sitting out on the deck drinking my coffee and waiting for my brain cells to activate. The pups start coming out to check on me and see what's going on.
 It's a perfect time for me to think. There's a lot going on and there's a lot not going on right now.
 I have to make a decision about my Lucy's future and it's a hard one. She's battling cancer right now and needs a costly operation and some follow on treatment. All of which will extend her life, but the question is for how long.
 Macy listens to me when I talk to her. She never really answers, but she gives me a lot of good ideas.
In the mean time the morning sun is getting brighter and our day is only getting started. 

Comments

Amy said…
You can't not have a good coffee in the mornings, kinda wakes you up aye. Poor Lucy though, my dog went through the same thing about 5 years ago, never a good thing either way.
You can think well in the early morning and with such a difficult decision you need the calm to make the right decision. You never know whether you should do this or that differently beforehand.
I don't want to be in your place to have to decide.
Such a great dog friend in her life
Greetings Elke
NCSue said…
Your pup is adorable, and you have a lovely location for your morning cuppa!
Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/05/meet-tommy.html
Dave Dorsey said…
Amy - I do love my morning coffee. Lucy is going to get the best I can give her.

Elke - It has been a tough decision. We're going to go for the operation.

Photo Cache - Mornings here have been very peaceful.

Lady Fi - Thanks!

NC Sue - That's Snoopy.
Veronica Lee said…
Love your adorable, pup!

Happy Wednesday!
Kayni said…
What a relaxing morning you have surrounded by the most beautiful dogs.

Hugs to Lucy!
betty-NZ said…
It does sound like a perfect morning! I'd kill (well, maybe maim) for a simple cup of brewed Folgers or Maxwell House coffee...but I digress.
We had to make that decision about a family cat that stopped having a good life. My sympathies.


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World
So sorry to hear about your pup. That's a tough decision. I went through that with my cat seven years ago. It was so hard, but I had to think of her long term well being more than my heart. - Margy
Dave Dorsey said…
Veronica - Me too! :)

Kayni - Thank you!

Betty - Best wishes for you and your cat.