Translate

NEW ARRIVALS AT THE BEAGLE RANCH

We've been staying somewhat busy here at The Beagle Ranch. About 2 weeks ago, Snoopy came to stay. He's a 17 month old beagle that was in training to be a service dog. He didn't do so well and needed to be rehomed because he was distracting his replacement in training. He's the youngest of the crew and is fitting in well.
Lucy has been with us for just a few days. She came to us via Alaska Cat and Dog Rescue. She was in a little rough shape. Her teeth were a mess. One was bleeding and the infection was close to her nasal passages. She had 7 teeth removed by the vet. She had a large mass on her right shoulder that was removed. It's non-cancerous. She has some anxiety issues and a urinary tract infection. She also was skinny for not eating because of her teeth condition.
 I'm happy to say she is doing well so far. She is eating well. Her stitches come out next week and today is the first day she didn't have an accident in the house. (I hope I didn't just jinx it).
 Today is a rainy day. The snow is melting fast and with the rain its real sloppy outside. The gang is staying inside most of the time. Snoopy and Lucy are enjoying being dried off when they come in.
 Snoopy being a pup, enjoys playing with toys. She has found a playmate with Spot. He's the second youngest at 7 1/2. Tug a war, chase, you name it.
 I did my first presentation with Ghost the snowy owl for Bird TLC in over a month. What made this one different was it was via Zoom. It was a lot of fun. Here's hoping we can get a lot more during this trying time. This photo was taken by my daughter in Louisiana. My granddaughters were among some of the kids asking questions about snowy owls.
 Here are those same granddaughters doing a Facebook live video about Nickelodian Slime face mask. It was hilarious.
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I'm just as much ready as you to get things back to  normal.


Comments

The dogs are good with you and nice that they are fine and the owl is great. The girls look great with their face masks * smile gg*
All the best and take care of you and healthy
Greetings Elke
NCSue said…
They look great. Hoping that you're well and staying safe!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/04/more-from-archives-duke-chapel.html
Anonymous said…
Those doggies are so lucky to have found a way into your home and heart. I'm looking forward to seeing them here on the blog. We haven't tried Zoom yet. My siblings and I have talked about it (we all live so far from each other), but haven't done it.
Sandee said…
Bless you for taking care of these precious pups. Sometimes they just need a good vet and a chance to thrive.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
betty-NZ said…
How cool to take in these little critters. The new ones look happy :)

I'm so happy that you joined us over at at 'My Corner of the World' this week!
Dave Dorsey said…
Else’s - thanks! I hope all is well in Germany.

NCSue - Thanks! You as well.

Robin - Zoom seems to be a good way to stay in touch.

Sandee - they make my house a home

Betty - the pups are fun. I hope all is well in New Zealand
Veronica Lee said…
Love the photos! Bless your kind heart for taking care of these adorable pups!

Have a great weekend, Dave!
Zoom is very popular right now to keep people connected. I haven't tried it - yet. - Margy
Dave Dorsey said…
Veronica - Thanks! Taking care of the pups is my pleasure.

Powell River - Zoom is popular and fairly easy.

Thanks for stopping by.