I've been tagged by Laura at Somewhere in NJ with a meme to list seven random things.
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here goes......
1. I will become a grandfather for the first time in February. My oldest son Nick and his girl friend Stacy are the ones to give me that honor first.
2. I don't speak a second language. I spent a lot of time in Panama and Germany while in the Air Force, but I never really picked up the languages. Sometimes people do think my English is another language.
3. I don't have any subscriptions to magazines. I hardly take enough time to read the newspaper. If I want a specific magazine issue, I go and buy it.
4. I've bought 2 Christmas presents so far. 4 to go. I'll probably knock it out next weekend.
5. My favorite place in Anchorage to bird or shot pix's is West Chester Lagoon. I do have a lot of day trip places I like to go for both, but in town it's WCL.
6. I don't like American beer. I was spoiled when I lived in Germany. If I drink when out it's usually rum and Coke. I do brew my own beer. I prefer pale ale. Anchorage does have some fine local brews though.
7. I was born in Maryland. I spent 20 years in the Air Force. I lived or visited all around the world, but I've lived in Anchorage longer than any where's else.
OK, here I break from the rules. I tag anyone who reads this and would like to join in. Feel free to add your link in the comments.